Helminths, popularly known as worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause various abnormalities. This disease is called helminthiasis. Experts can name several hundred helminths, among which pinworms, roundworms, cat flukes and others are the most common. Although such parasites cause many problems, they do not pose a special threat to health. However, there are other organisms that can cause irreparable damage to the human body, including echinococcus, alveococcus, bovine tapeworm - tapeworm, which can reach several meters in length.
There are many reasons why worms enter the body, which can occur in the following cases:
- a person ignores the rules of personal hygiene;
- does not meet hygiene standards when preparing food;
- eats thermally weak foods;
- eats unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- does not wash hands after contact with animals;
- bathing in a polluted river or lake;
- an insect bite (although biting infection is extremely rare);
- often the patient is located next to a helminthiasis.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
If most helminths do not have obvious symptoms, how can they be cured? However, there are some very eloquent signs:
- difficulty in bowel movements - some types of helminths can clog the intestines, causing constipation;
- diarrhea - often diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, because these parasites secrete substances that provoke watery stools;
- gas formation is quite common, but if it is observed for more than 14 days, it is likely that the worms are located in the body;
- allergy - substances secreted by worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are the cells that cause allergies;
- muscle and joint pain - worms open the way to the muscles and move there, which is the cause of the pain;
- Deterioration of appearance - with helminthiasis, external signs of infection often occur - wrinkles, acne, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may appear;
- change in body weight - the body reacts to external invasion by increasing the weight, and if the weight decreases, it means that the parasites absorb nutrients from it;
- anemia - helminths absorb nutrients from the blood, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - a symptom due to the release of worms from the body;
- grinding teeth in sleep;
- increased fatigue - acute lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body begins to actively fight against helminths, so restless sleep or insomnia may appear;
- Fever and cough - the presence of helminths can cause difficulty breathing and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before fighting worms, you should undergo tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms
Evolving parasites are perfectly adapted to the human environment. People who often come to the hospital with helminthiasis and various diseases do not even suspect the presence of parasites in their body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or pacifiers that attach firmly to the walls of the intestines and other organs. They spread throughout the body - attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis is that doctors can often confuse the symptoms and misdiagnose them. How to remove worms from the body and prevent their destruction? It is very important to know that treating worms is only half the battle, because the decay products left after them continue to poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Methods of treatment
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - it's medicine and traditional medicine. Getting rid of worms with drugs is divided into three stages - preparatory, therapeutic and restorative. Medicines have a wide and narrow spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill all kinds of parasites, while narrow-spectrum drugs are prescribed to treat certain types of worms. The most effective of them:
- carbamic acid methyl ester - available in tablet form, treats enterobiosis and trichuria;
- Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative - available in suspension or tablet form, is prescribed for the treatment of ascariasis, enterobiosis and others. This drug can also be used during pregnancy, but it is necessary to consult a doctor in advance;
- Benzimidazole carbamate derivative - there are 3 types - suppositories, powders and tablets, help to eliminate pinworms in children. In addition, beef and pork are prescribed for tapeworm, Giardia and roundworm. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many medicines that help to cure both worms and their decay products. However, the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, as a result of which the patient after treatment has headaches, indigestion, allergies, general malaise and fatigue. Drugs that destroy parasites also damage the microflora of the whole organism, and in this regard, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without resorting to the use of drugs. They practically do not cause side effects, gently cleanse the body and help restore its functions.
Herbal treatment of worms
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, special plants with antihelminthic properties are collected, from which decoctions and tinctures are made.
- Dry mixture of cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take equal amounts of herbs, mix and eat 5 grams. this mixture every day on an empty stomach, with plenty of warm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- Wormwood decoction.This remedy is very effective for small amounts of worms, but if overdosed, it has a negative effect on the body. Mix centaury and wormwood in equal proportions, separate 30 g. mixture, pour a glass of water and boil for 30 minutes in a water bath. Halim is drunk half an hour before bedtime.
- Celandine infusion.Chop the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and leave to cool. Then strain the mixture and take twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small amounts it is completely safe and very effective in the treatment of stubborn parasites.
- Elecampane tincture.Mix elecampane root, tansy flowers and dried blueberries in equal proportions. Separate about 40 grams. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture on low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons in 7 days.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies involves the use of products that are available to everyone. Onions have an excellent antimicrobial effect and are also used in the fight against helminthiasis:
- Cut the middle onion a little with a knife, pour a glass of hot water and leave overnight. Drink onion tincture on an empty stomach in the morning;
- Bend the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, combine with three-year-old aloe juice and a spoonful of honey. This mixture should be eaten three times a day;
- Using a meat grinder, bend a few medium onions and pour half a liter of vodka. Infuse for 10-12 days, then strain and take a tablespoon three times a day before meals.
It is important to know!Categories of people who are prohibited from taking alcoholic drugs may use infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to quickly get rid of worms with garlic:
- pass a clove of garlic through a fine grater, mix it with a liter of warm boiled water and enema before going to bed;
- Add a glass of warm milk with crushed garlic and before going to bed, this method is effective in treating a child from worms;
- Prepare a mixture of garlic, egg yolk, salted herring and warm milk. Need to take in 100 grams. Such a tool several times a day is very effective for tapeworm.
Other means against worms
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done using traditional means.
Pass through a meat grinder with a few green nuts. Bring a glass of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and pour over the nuts. Wrap the mixture and leave for about 3 hours. Then strain and infuse all the infusion at once.
Squeeze the juice of sauerkraut and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons dry bark pour half a liter of vodka. Store in a dark place for 7 days, shaking the container periodically. Strain the tincture and take a teaspoon three to four times daily before meals. The duration of treatment is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To increase the anthelmintic effect, they can be combined with other products:
- seeds and honey - in a glass peeled seeds bend through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, drink a laxative after two or three hours;
- seeds and garlic - lightly fry the seeds in a dry frying pan and mix with three large cloves of chopped garlic. Add 20 grams. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk - Chop the seeds and eat with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most effective and safe ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults with cognac. And while many are skeptical of such a treatment, when used properly, this drink helps to get rid of helminths quickly and safely.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink before bedtime. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea helps the worms stay behind the walls of the internal organs, and then they become particularly sensitive. 2 hours after taking cognac, get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine offers many safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important because the baby's body is still very fragile and sensitive. Unfortunately, children do not always understand the need for treatment. There are recipes that the little patient will like to avoid unpleasant and painful:
- root-honey juice - mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a tablespoon of fresh honey. If the child loves carrots, you can simply grate it, add honey and feed it to the baby;
- Roast pumpkin seeds a little, grind, mix with honey. The child will enjoy this mixture.
If symptoms threaten, herbal decoctions, garlic enemas and laxatives are used.
Prevention of any disease is better than cure, so you need to follow a few simple rules to prevent parasites from entering the body:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after the street and before eating;
- wash all vegetables and fruits eaten;
- comprehensive heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with stray animals;
- show pets to the vet systematically.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment you can get rid of it very quickly.